Thursday 27 November 2008

Total number of celebrity sightings: 8

We went to a taping of the Graham Norton Show last night. It was so much fun. He is so funny!! Also, I was really amazed by how great he is at his job. It's an hour long show on tv. Obviously, it's not actually that long because of commercials, but I was really expecting for it to go longer than it actually did. I figured there would be stops for technical issues or if something didn't get filmed the way they wanted. There was nothing like that. We got in to the studio and got our seats, it was all very organized. The warm-up guy came out and explained a bit about how it would go. Then Graham came out and talked to the audience for a few minutes. When he finished he said, ok the next time I walk out we'll be starting and that was it. The show started & they filmed straight through. No issues at all. It was quite impressive.
On the way to the show we were talking (I went with Mary Anne and our housemate Helen)
about who we thought might be guests. We all agreed we didn't really
care we just wanted it to be someone we recognized. Imagine my 
shock when Graham said, "If I said the name Witherspoon..." Oh my gosh! Reese Witherspoon! Ms. I-played-June-Carter-and-totally-got-to-make-out-with-Joaquin-Phoenix. I did have a crush on her for a while but I've gotten over it. It was still really cool to see her though. She's teeny tiny (of course) and she had these a-mazing shoes on. 


Oh yeah...he had another guest. Paul O'Grady. I'm actually not very familiar with him. I know he hosts a show here but I don't have a tv so I've never seen it and don't really know anything about it. He was pretty funny. It was a really great show to watch. It airs in the States
on Saturday nights if you have BBC America. Definitely check it out. Graham is really funny. 

No comments: