Saturday 22 November 2008

"Fully Stocked" indeed!!

I’m a week late with this. All I can say is I’ve been busy with school work. Maybe not the best excuse but it’s all I’ve got. We went to FIlmstock for the closing weekend. It’s so amazing to go to Luton and feel right at home. Everyone is really great to us. 

The second weekend @ Filmstock is mostly documentaries. There were some really amazing ones like Naming Pluto, about the woman who named Pluto (the planet not the Disney dog). 99 to 1: Ovarian Cancer and Me, about a woman dealing with her cancer diagnosis. For Tomorrow, about a young entrepreneur who goes to Argentina seeking relaxation and instead discovers extreme poverty and decides to do something about it. 1 Giant Leap, is an amazing look at philosophy, music, and artistic and spiritial inspiration around the world.

We also had a chance to see Nicholas Roeg talk about his career and watch his latest feature, Puffball.

One of the best films we saw (and I’m really not just saying this) was Neil and Justin’s Clandestine. It’s this wonderful short that I don’t think I could even begin to describe because I just don’t think I could do it justice. If you ever find yourself in Luton or in the presence of Justin and/or Neil, ask about it. You won’t be disappointed.

No comments: