Saturday 18 October 2008

Burn After Reading

Saw that last night. SO good. Not a single person in it is off. Clooney, Malkovich, & Frances McDormand were all fantastic. Score another one for the Coen brothers. 

Also, I have to be honest. I'm not a big Brad Pitt fan. He's an ok-looking guy but I don't really get the sex appeal. He's really not the greatest actor in the world either but he's usually entertaining. Especially in roles like this. He's amazing as the dope. Of course it could just be my taste (haha). I didn't particularly like him as ruggedly handsome in Legends of the Fall nor did I find him interesting as a blood-sucker in Interview w/ a Vampire. And as much as I love Fight Club it wasn't because of the chiseled abs of "Tyler Durden." He is, I feel, at his best when he's dorky (ok yes that IS my taste). But...he really does well in these roles. Want proof? See Burn..., or The Mexican, or his appearance on Friends. Even his constantly masticating character in the Ocean movies was a wee bit goofy. "Ted Nugent called, he wants his shirt back." 

See Burn After Reading. Seriously...go...I'll wait ;) 

No comments: